MUS Calendar Coloring Contest
MUS/FiberNET is accepting submissions for a 2018 Calendar of Student Art
We are waiting for your entries! MUS’s 1st Annual Calendar of Student Art Contest is ready to go. We’re excited to see new artwork from Morristown students. Our contest will showcase each grade level’s student talent. It is our hope that participation in the contest will play a part in encouraging a lifelong love of art.
Who can enter: Any Morristown, TN student attending any public or private school or schooled at home who is in kindergarten through grade 12 qualifies to participate. Students may enter as often as they wish.
How the contest works: Match the grade the student is in during the 2017 January - May school year to the corresponding month to determine the theme for each grade. Students must draw or paint a picture to illustrate their assigned month. Kindergarten students will draw the cover art. There is no theme for kindergartners; any subject, season, event, etc., is acceptable.
1st grade - January
2nd grade - February
3rd grade - March
4th grade - April
5th grade - May
6th grade - June
7th grade - July
8th grade - August
9th grade - September
10th grade - October
11th grade - November
12th grade - December
• Artwork will be judged on artistic merit, creativity and how well the assigned month is depicted.
Acceptable artwork must include some form of service that Morristown Utility Systems provides which includes electricity, water, wastewater, and telecom services of internet, video (TV), and phone services, and the corresponding monthly theme is somehow portrayed.
• All elements of the artwork (lines, paint, color, shapes, shading, highlights, etc.) must be the work of
the student whose name appears on the back of the artwork.
• No tracing.
• All artwork must be on plain white 8 ½ x 11 paper – do not use ruled or colored paper.
• All artwork must be original and not be copied from other copyrighted sources without substantial
creative changes; renderings or other paintings or published photographs that are deemed to be too
exact to the source will be disqualified.
How to submit the artwork:
For artwork to qualify, the following information must be written legibly on the back of each submission. Information on each entry must be legible, and group submissions must be sorted by grade.
School ________________________________ Grade___________
Student Name _______________________________________________
Teacher or Parent (if home schooled) ____________________________
Contact Email __________________________
• The name and school of each winning student will be printed in the calendar along with the student’s
photograph. Photos of winning students will be requested after the winners are announced.
• Most any medium is acceptable as long as the art is relatively flat.
• Do not use glitter, sand, liquids or other elements that can flake off or otherwise damage the works of other students.
• Artwork in the horizontal or landscape position best fits the calendar’s format.
• Please do not fold or crease artwork.
• All reproduction rights become the property of MUS.
• MUS will feature winning artwork in the 2018 MUS Wall Calendar.
• Every attempt will be made to make artwork ready for pick-up following the contest.
Deadline: The deadline is 5pm Friday, May 19, 2017 at the MUS main office located at 441 W. Main St., Morristown, TN 37814.