FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Lead Lineman
Job Status: Full-Time
Positions Supervised: 0
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:30 – 4:00 (Some overtime and on call rotation may be required)
Position Purpose: The Apprentice Lineman is responsible for performing line work as directed by the Lead Lineman or Line Foreman including restoration of power, maintenance and construction of distribution and transmission lines and successfully complete the TVPPA Lineworker Apprenticeship program.
Expectation for all employees: Support the organization’s mission, vision, and Professional Purpose by exhibiting the following behaviors: operational excellence, collaboration, innovation, self-improvement, integrity, and customer commitment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each core duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Core Functions Statement(s)
- Ability to successfully complete all levels and laboratories of the TVPPA Lineworker Apprenticeship program
- Ability to utilize hand tools such as shovels, post hole diggers, tamps, etc. to assist crew members
- Climb poles and perform line work on de-energized lines, both overhead and underground
- Perform a wide variety of manual duties associated with typical lineman work, both hot and cold, consisting of maintenance and repair of existing distribution lines and equipment, trouble shooting, diagnosis, disconnecting, disassembly, replacement of defective components, and rewiring and testing completed repairs to insure proper operation.
- Assist maintenance personnel with the repair and testing of reclosers, metering, capacitor banks and controls and other devices.
- Repair and replace fixtures, wiring and relays and replace bulbs on existing lighting circuits. Install services, meters, work cut-offs, and retirements.
- As part of a service oriented organization, perform any and all duties requested, whether scheduled or on an emergency basis.
- Observes and follows all safety rules, procedures, standards and specification codes in all job aspects.
- Ability to maintain reliable, predictable, and reasonable attendance.
- Must maintain a valid drivers’ license from state of residence.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Ability to complete an approved Apprentice Lineman Program
- Basic computer skills that knows the fundamental concepts
- Competencies include communication, coordinating, and analytical skills
- Possess or acquire a Commercial Drivers License
- Knowledge of utility industry
- May be required to attend up to but not limited to 20 hours annually of certification training.
- Seek to stay abreast new technology to ensure best practices for operations.
- Basic Leadership skills
TN Drug Free Workplace
All career opportunities require a completed application form. You may attach a resume. Forward the completed application along with the resume by email, fax, or by mail to the address below. MU only accepts employment applications when a job opening is available.
Click here for the application. Applications and resumes can be sent to:
Human Resources Director
P.O. Box 667
Morristown, TN 37815-0667
Deadline for Applying : Jul 3, 2022 11:59 PM