Service Requirements & Forms

ID Requirements for Service

Welcome to Morristown Utility Systems/FiberNET. We are glad you have chosen to make your home in our community and we look forward to serving you. Applying for new service is easy. Simply select the associated forms and follow the instructions. You may also apply for service in person at our office located at 441 W. Main St, Morristown, TN 37814.

Utility or FiberNET Service Application - Residential

Service requests received after 2:00 PM eastern will be processed the next business day. To contact our office please call (423)586-4121 between 8 AM -5 PM, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, and 9 AM-5 PM on Wednesdays.

  • Step 1: Complete the form to request service to an existing location.  
  • Step 2: Print or save a copy of the form for your records.
  • Step 3: Attach copies of 2 valid ID's - 1 photo ID and 1 to verify social security number(see list below for valid forms of ID).
  • Step 4: Attach a Proof of Ownership or Rental Lease Agreement document using the file upload at the bottom of the form.
  • Step 5: Submit this form in person. 
  • EMAIL DISCLAIMER: MUS does not recommend sending personal identifiable information via email, this is not a safe practice.  Personal identifiable information includes social security numbers, tax identification numbers, home / business addresses, phone numbers, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, dates of birth, copies of government-issued IDs and health information.  When you send an email, you don’t necessarily know how many networks or servers the message will pass through on its way to the recipient, or who has access to them. In addition, emails sitting on your device may be accessible to a third party.  Please provide a valid phone number on this form that our agent can contact you via a secured phone line to get this personal information. 

    *** A credit/identity check will be performed and a deposit may be required.  

Two (2) current ID’s are required.   Use the lists below to provide valid ID’s
  Provide one ID from list A:             
APhoto ID can be one of the following:
  • Driver’s License
  • State Issued Photo ID
  • US Passport
  • Consular Card
  • US Visa
And  one ID from list B:
BSecondary ID’s can be one of the following:
  • Social Security Card
Note: If Social Security number can be provided it can be used if MUS can verify it.

Or one ID from list C:
CAdditional ID’s can be one of the following:
  • Insurance Card
  • Medicare Card
  • ITIN Card (birth certificate with Apostille document and notarized translation also required)
  • Birth Certificate (If foreign must have Apostille document and notarized translation)
  • US Federal EIN (for business accounts)
All documents provided must have the same name.

Note: If Social Security number is NOT provided an additional utility deposit of $100 will be required.