Service Requirements & Forms
ID Requirements for Service
Welcome to Morristown Utility Systems/FiberNET. We are glad you have chosen to make your home in our community and we look forward to serving you. Applying for new service is easy. Simply select the associated forms and follow the instructions. You may also apply for service in person at our office located at 441 W. Main St, Morristown, TN 37814.
Utility or FiberNET Service Application - Residential
Service requests received after 2:00 PM eastern will be processed the next business day. To contact our office please call (423)586-4121 between 8 AM -5 PM, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, and 9 AM-5 PM on Wednesdays.
- Step 1: Complete the form to request service to an existing location.
- Step 2: Print or save a copy of the form for your records.
- Step 3: Attach copies of 2 valid ID's - 1 photo ID and 1 to verify social security number(see list below for valid forms of ID).
- Step 4: Attach a Proof of Ownership or Rental Lease Agreement document using the file upload at the bottom of the form.
- Step 5: Submit this form by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org once you have completed the information. Someone from MUS customer service department will contact you by phone to complete the request. A credit/identity check will be performed and a deposit may be required.
Provide one ID from list A:
Photo ID can be one of the following:
- Driver’s License
- State Issued Photo ID
- US Passport
- Consular Card
Secondary ID’s can be one of the following:
- Social Security Card
Or one ID from list C:
Additional ID’s can be one of the following:
- Insurance Card
- Medicare Card
- ITIN Card (birth certificate with Apostille document and notarized translation also required)
- Birth Certificate (If foreign must have Apostille document and notarized translation)
- US Federal EIN (for business accounts)
Note: If Social Security number is NOT provided an additional utility deposit of $100 will be required.